Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Full time Mom

A lot has happened since I last blogged; I really don't feel like getting into all of it, so I'll get into the interesting parts.:) I am going to re-do my whole shop. I'm not going to get into any specifics because usually when I do that I don't follow through. Needless to say, I'm pretty freakin' excited.
Other than that, not much has been going on.

Sometimes it does get a bit hard being a stay at home mom when most of the women around me are very career driven. I would love to have a career with the paychecks, the lunch breaks and the coffee breaks that I dont get doing this, and one day in the near future I will. I look at it like this, I am not one bit ashamed to spend as much time with my daughter instilling good values into her and giving her the love that not even the most expensive daycare can provide ( I'm not saying women who send their chilldren to daycare love their children any less). Other women with powerful jobs may look down on stay at home moms. I say screw them. There is nothing harder than being a full time mom.

  I am so glad that there are women out there in the workforce that are the best at what they do, and hopefully I will have the opportunity to do it too, but the next time you decide to judge someone for wanting to be there for her child 24/7 as a cook, maid, parent, teacher, referee, nanny, nurse, handy-woman,a security officer, stylist,entertainer & a comforter, make sure that you add up how much the yearly salary is for all those jobs, (remember, we do it for free). Also think of how many less ignorant fools you'd have to deal with on a daily basis because a mom actually took the time to make sure they were raised properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment